Electric Smokers Smoking meat is an art that requires patience and precision, but not everyone has the time or expertise to do it traditionally. Thankfully, electric smokers provide a convenient and easy-to-use alternative that delivers perfectly smoked meat every time. In this article, we’ve rounded up the top 10 electric smokers on the market based on performance, durability, and customer satisfaction. We’ll also provide a comprehensive buying guide to help you choose the best electric smoker for your needs.
Benefits of Electric Smokers
Electric smokers offer several advantages over traditional smokers, including:
- Convenience: With an electric smoker, you don’t have to worry about starting a fire or constantly monitoring the temperature. Simply plug it in, set the temperature, and let it do its job.
- Versatility: Electric smokers can be used to smoke a variety of meats, including beef, pork, poultry, fish, and more.
- Consistency: Electric smokers provide precise temperature control, which ensures that your meat is cooked evenly and consistently every time.
- Safety: Electric smokers are safer than traditional smokers because they don’t require an open flame, reducing the risk of accidental fires.
- Time-saving: Electric smokers are faster than traditional smokers, and they allow you to smoke meat even if you have a busy schedule.
How to Choose the Best Electric Smoker
When shopping for an electric smokers, there are several factors to consider. Here are some key considerations to keep in mind:
Size and Capacity
The size and capacity of an electric smokers will determine how much meat you can smoke at one time. If you’re planning to smoke large cuts of meat, such as brisket or a whole turkey, you’ll need a smoker with a larger capacity. On the other hand, if you’re only smoking for a small family, a smaller smoker will suffice.
Temperature control is a critical feature in electric smokers. Look for a smoker with a digital thermostat that allows you to set and maintain the desired temperature accurately. Some smokers even come with multiple temperature probes, which allow you to monitor the internal temperature of your meat.
Material and Build Quality
The material and build quality of an electric smokers will determine how long it lasts and how well it performs. Look for smokers made from durable materials, such as stainless steel or high-quality plastic. Additionally, check for seals around the door and vents to ensure that smoke doesn’t leak out.
Ease of Use
An electric smoker should be easy to use and clean. Look for models with removable racks and drip pans, as well as ones that are easy to assemble and Ease of use is another important factor to consider when choosing an electric smokers. Look for models with clear, easy-to-read controls and user-friendly features like a digital display and programmable settings. Some models even come with built-in meat thermometers and timers, which can make it even easier to monitor your cooking progress.
In addition, consider the size and weight of the smoker. Will you be able to move it easily, or will you need help? Look for models with sturdy wheels and handles if you plan to move your smoker frequently.
Finally, consider the overall design and construction of the smoker. Is it easy to clean and maintain? Are the parts durable and well-made? Choosing a well-designed and user-friendly electric smoker can make a big difference in your overall grilling and smoking experience
Warranty and Customer Support
Finally, consider the warranty and customer support offered by the manufacturer. A good warranty can give you peace of mind that you’re making a solid investment, and good customer support can help you troubleshoot any issues you might encounter Electric Smokers.
1. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
The Masterbuilt MB20071117 is a top-rated electric smokers that offers a generous 730 square inches of cooking space. It features digital controls that allow you to set the temperature and cooking time, and it even has a built-in meat probe for monitoring the internal temperature of your meat.
2. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
The Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker is another excellent choice. It features a large 725 square inch cooking surface and an easy-to-use digital control panel. The smoker also has a removable food thermometer and a convenient side-loading wood chip tray.
3. Bradley Smoker BTDS76P Digital Electric Smoker
The Bradley Smoker BTDS76P is a popular choice for its unique and easy-to-use design. The smoker uses proprietary wood bisquettes to create smoke, and it features digital controls for precise temperature and time settings. It also has four removable racks and a large 520 square inch cooking surface.
4. Pit Boss Grills 77220 Digital Electric Smoker
The Pit Boss Grills 77220 Digital Electric Smoker is a versatile and affordable option. It has a large 725 square inch cooking surface and four porcelain-coated cooking racks. The smoker also features a digital control panel with a meat probe and an adjustable air damper for precise temperature control.
5. Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Electric Smoker
The Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Electric Smoker is a compact and portable option that still offers ample cooking space. It has a 3-in-1 combination tray for wood chips, water, and grease, and it features a digital control panel for easy temperature settings. The smoker also has two cooking racks and a 1,500 watt heating element.
6. Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D Digital Electric Smoker
The Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D Digital Electric Smoker is a durable and high-performing option. It has a large 732 square inch cooking surface and four chrome-plated cooking racks. The smoker also features a digital control panel with a meat thermometer and a removable drip pan for easy cleaning.
7. Cuisinart COS-330 Electric Smoker
The Cuisinart COS-330 Electric Smoker is a compact and affordable option. It has a 548 square inch cooking surface and three removable racks. The smoker features a built-in thermometer and a simple dial control for temperature settings.
8. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
The Old Smokey Electric Smoker is a unique and affordable option that uses a simple yet effective design. The smoker has a 15-inch diameter cooking surface and a flat top lid for smoking larger cuts of meat. The simple thermostat control makes it easy to set and maintain the temperature.
9. Traeger Grills Pro Series 780 Pellet Grill and Smoker
The Traeger Grills Pro Series 780 Pellet Grill and Smoker is a high-end option that combines the convenience of electric smoking with the flavor of wood-fired grilling. It has a large 780 square inch cooking surface and an easy-to-use digital control panel. The smoker uses wood pellets for smoking, which adds a rich and smoky flavor to your meat.
10. Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Smoker
The Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker 18-Inch Smoker is a classic option that has been a favorite among barbecue enthusiasts for decades. It features a porcelain-enameled steel body and lid, along with two plated steel cooking grates. The smoker has a built-in lid thermometer and adjustable vents for precise temperature control.
Whether you’re a seasoned pitmaster or a novice griller, an electric smoker can help you achieve delicious and perfectly smoked meats with ease. Consider factors like cooking space, temperature control, and ease of use when choosing the best electric smoker for your needs. With so many great options on the market, you’re sure to find one that suits your budget and preferences.
- Can I use an electric smokers in cold weather? Yes, you can use an electric smoker in cold weather, but you may need to take extra precautions to maintain a consistent temperature.
- How long does it take to smoke meat in an electric smokers? The length of time it takes to smoke meat in an electric smoker depends on the type and size of the meat, as well as the temperature and cooking time settings.
- Can I use wood chips in an electric smokers? Yes, most electric smokers allow you to use wood chips to create smoke and add flavor to your meats.
- How do I clean my electric smokers? Refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for specific cleaning instructions, but generally, you can clean an electric smoker by wiping down the interior with a damp cloth and washing the racks with soap and water.
- Can I leave my electric smokers unattended? While electric smokers are generally safe to leave unattended, it’s always best to keep an eye on your smoker and avoid leaving it alone for extended periods of time.